ASSOCIATION OF HEALTH SERVICE ADMINISTRATORS, GHANA
We, the Association of Health Service Administrators, Ghana, do establish this Constitution and do pledge ourselves to carry out the provisions thereof
THE ASSOCIATION OF HEALTH SERVICE ADMINISTRATORS, GHANA
1. NAME AND AFFILIATION
(1) The Association shall be known as the Association of Health Service Administrators, Ghana in this Constitution referred to as “the Association” and generally referred to as “AHSAG”.
(2) The Association may affiliate with a trade union as may be approved at an Annual General Meeting.
(3) The Association shall exist as a registered Professional Association incorporated under the relevant legislation and regulation.
(4) The Association may affiliate with any local and/or international professional organization for the purposes of fulfilling its mandate.
The Association exists as a professional body for Health Service Administrators to promote high ethical standards in hospital and health service management through effective leadership and continuous education of its members.
(1) The Association shall concern itself with all matters relating to the administration and management of health service delivery in Ghana and shall take such actions as it considers prudent and necessary in this regard.
(2) Without prejudice to sub-clause (1) above, the objects of the Association shall include -
(a) Bringing together persons concerned with or interested in Hospital and Health Service Administration as a unified body
(b) Representing the professional interest of Health Service Administrators in the development and implementation of health policies
(c) Seeking better conditions of service and promote the continuing education and dignity of its members
(d) Providing a medium through which new ideas in Hospital and Health Service Administration may be discussed, researched and developed
(e) Developing and promoting professional standards of competent training and a code of ethics for Health Service Administrators
(f) Cooperating with health institutions and other relevant bodies concerned with management and improvement of the health of the people of Ghana
(g) Establishing and maintaining good relations with similar associations and institutions within and outside of Ghana
MEMBERSHIP AND ORGANIZATION
(1) Full membership shall be open to persons qualified as Health Service Administrators
(2) Associate membership shall be open to students of Health Service Management in tertiary institutions pursuing an accredited course leading to qualification as Health Service Administrators
(3) Honorary membership shall be open to distinguished personalities in Society in recognition of their contribution to health service management
5. APPLICATIONS AND ADMISSIONS
(1) Application for membership shall be submitted to the National Executive and upon the recommendation of a full member of the Association
(2) An admission fee to be determined by the National Executive and approved by the National Council shall be paid on admission
(3) The requirements for continued membership shall be
(a) Payment of monthly dues and other levies as may be determined by the National Executive Committee and approved at an Annual General Meeting
(b) General conduct conducive to the interest and image of the Association